Matthew Van Dyke, L.Ac., M.Q.P., Dipl. O.M., M.TCM.
Matt Van Dyke, EAMP was born and raised in Western Washington, however, his study of acupuncture took him to Five Branches University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Santa Cruz, California, where he received a 4 year Masters Degree in Chinese Medicine. His training included extensive instruction not only in Acupuncture, but also in Herbal Therapy, Tui Na (Chinese Massage), Nutritional Therapy and counseling, and Qi Gong. In 2005 he undertook a month long internship at Liao Ning hospital in Shenyang China, where he studied with Dr. Ma Lao Shi, respected Acupuncturist and Physician. In 2007 Matt returned to Northwest Washington. He currently practices Chinese Medicine in Bellingham at 1405 Fraser St. #1. Matt also currently serves on the faculty at Middle Way Acupuncture Institute in Mt. Vernon, WA. Matt’s focus is on maximizing Quality of Life and Longevity, which includes tapping into our innate Human Potential. He also specializes in Pain Management, EENT pathology, and working towards disease prevention.
Matt practices Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine because he believes in natural, holistic healthcare which should be available and affordable for everyone. Traditional East Asian Medicine is broad in scope and therefore can treat many health problems effectively, especially those illnesses which are chronic in nature and which Western Biomedicine has difficulty in addressing. Matthew believes integrated Eastern / Western Medicine to be at the forefront of healthcare, especially with the rising cost of Medicines, Insurance, and the downturn of the economy.
Teaching Qi Gong and empowering people to take charge of their own health is at the forefront of Matthew’s healing philosophy. He regularly teaches classes and workshops in the Northwest.
Matthew is a member of the Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA).
– Licensed Acupuncturist (L.Ac.) and East Asian Medical Practitioner (EAMP) in the State of Washington
– Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl. O.M.), certified by the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
– Masters of Traditional Chinese Medicine (M.TCM.) from Five Branches University, Santa Cruz
– Certified Medical Qi Gong Practitioner (M.Q.P.)
– Advanced Clinical Study at Liao Ning University Hospital, Shen Yang, China
– Certified Jingui Golden Shield Qi Gong Instructor
– Certified Fit-150 Instructor
– Member, Washington East Asian Medicine Association (WEAMA)
– Faculty, Middle Way Acupuncture Institute, Mt. Vernon